22 Things I Know To Be True
I had the grandest plans to finish this list for my 22nd birthday… in May. Better late than never?
1. Life is not a race.
2. Being thin is not the same as being happy.
3. If you buy expensive sunglasses, you will sit on them within 24 hours.
4. Nobody really likes the taste of aspartame.
5. My mom will always have my back.
6. Being healthy doesn’t mean waking up at 5am to run on a treadmill.
7. Baking bread isn’t nearly as intimidating as it sounds.
8. Being tired is not the end of the world. You will sleep and feel better.
9. There is a fine line between happy-busy and miserable-busy.
10. Sometimes you have to wade through a bunch of junk to find gold.
11. What works for other people won’t necessarily work for you.
12. There are few things cuter than a dog playing with a blue hippopotamus.
13. When in doubt, bake cookies.
14. If you decide you’re going to fail, you will.
15. More does not equal better.
16. Putting on a nice pair of boots will make you feel fierce.
17. Treating textbooks like novels is a grand idea to make school more enthralling.
18. The cutest boys are around when you’re wearing an old sweatshirt. Rock that old sweatshirt and own it.
19. Everyone should try therapy at least once. We’re all “messed up” in one way or another. There’s nothing to be ashamed of, clinical label or no.
20. Car dancing should be an Olympic sport.
21. There’s no use crying over spilled wine.
22. Life really is a musical.